Returns & Exchanges
Returns & Exchange Policy for In-Store Purchases
• Store credit or exchange only; within 30 days of original purchase with receipt. No cash or Credit Card refunds.
• Please note: We cannot accept returns/exchanges for the following five reasons:
- Items purchased more than 30 days ago
- Items without a corresponding receipt
- Items without the original tag
- Items that have been used, worn and/or washed.
- “Final Sale” Items
• Full price merchandise purchased at a store may be mailed in for exchange or return for store/online credit. (Please follow the return/exchange instruction of our online returns below)
• Items marked “Final Sale” at the time of purchase may not be returned or exchanged. All sale merchandise is considered “Final Sale.”
- Final Sale items include Sample Sale items and all markdowns.
Returns & Exchange Policy for for Online Purchases
We want you to love our products! If you are not completely satisfied with your order or something doesn’t fit right, you can simply return it to us for a refund or an exchange within 30 days of delivery.
• Shipping charges and return shipping charges are non-refundable.
• Items marked “Final Sale” at the time of purchase may not be returned or exchanged.
• International orders do not qualify for Express Exchanges.
Step by Step Instructions to Return by Mail
For your return or exchange of online purchases, please follow these simple steps or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions.
• Please fill out the packing slip that came with your order has a return/exchange form printed on the back and indicate what you would like to do (either exchange or receive a refund or a store/online credit in the form of a gift card.)
• If you don’t have the packing slip anymore, please email us at email@example.com with your order number and we will send you a new one.
• See our return and exchange policy for a list of returns we cannot exchange.
• Send your items and your paperwork to Brooklyn Industries warehouse to:
Brooklyn Industries LLC
807 Leeds Athens Road
Athens, NY 12015
• Please be sure to use a carrier that can provide you with a tracking number. Brooklyn Industries cannot replace packages lost during return shipment if proof of tracking is unavailable.
• We are not responsible for shipping charges back to us.
Return Online Purchases in one of our Stores
You also have the option to return your order to one of our Brooklyn Industries Retail Locations. Stores are able to process returns for store credit or exchange only on premises. If you would like a refund to your credit card, the item will be transferred back to our headquarters for processing, and you will be emailed when the transaction is completed.
If you have a damaged item and it was purchase either in a store or online within the last 30 days we will credit you for the purchase or send you a replacement. Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org describing the issue and we will send you an authorization form to send us back the item. Please note that we must receive the item back to give a refund.
We no longer offer a lifetime warranty on our bags. We understand that this is a cause of frustration for some people and we apologize for the change. As a small company we were unable to keep up with the volume since we have been selling bags over 25 years. If you do happen to have the original receipt or know the date and store of your purchase we can give you a refund if we receive the bag back. If you don't know these details, we can still give you a gift card worth 50% of the value of your bag that you can use in the store or online. But we need to receive the bag back to do all the verification and checking. We recycle all of our used bags and donate them to Salvation Army near our factory.
As of December 2018 we have decided to return to our roots and make all of our bags in the US. One of our founders has set up a small factory in Athens, NY to produce Brooklyn Industries and other brands. In addition, we have a partnership with a factory in Newburg to produce larger runs. We believe that by returning our production to the US we will have more control over the quality of our bags.
Thank you for your understanding and patience with our bag policy. We are a small company and trying very hard to satisfy all our customers and industrialists.